Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Germany

Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, and Germany: 20 Days in Eastern Europe

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Funny Stories Abroad

Everyone tends to have moments where sleep deprivation and exhaustion tend to catch up with them on trips, which could cause an embarrassing moment. I thought it might be fun to share these moments and people caught in the act already.

Instance number one:
We were standing in the line to go through security in the Munich Airport when a security guard looks at Dave and says, "You have laptop inside?" Dave replies with "Oh I'm sorry. I don't speak German." Sandy and I started laughing and Dave still doesn't know what is going on. Then the guy asks him the question again. Since Dave still looked confused, I felt the need to help him out. We then found out Dave did have a laptop inside.

Instance number two:
We decided to go to the grocery store after dinner to pick up some things. I was in first in line to check out and Kyara was right behind me. The cashier rang up the things I was buying and I handed her my money. She then starts yelling at me. She was saying something was wrong with the bills I gave her, but I had no idea what to do. I decided to turn to Kyara for help. She didn't know what the lady was saying either so we paniced. We then took all the coins we had and held them out to her in our hands. Extremely embarrassed at the looks we were getting, we waited on the cashier to take what she needed and we fled the scene. I don't think we will be going back there any time soon.

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment